How to ward off thieves an empty house
Whether you leave your home alone for a weekend or for weeks or months, it is important to take steps to protect your home from intruders measures. Thieves are less inclined to get into a house that is showing signs of occupation and prefer to steal home where owners are absent. To ward off thieves empty your home, you must ensure the house and trick thieves into thinking that you have not left it.
You will need
- Alarm system
- Alarm System Stickers for windows
- Signs of the alarm system for the garden
- Electrical Timers
- Blinds or curtains
- Adjust your alarm system when leaving home. Before you leave, put stickers alarm system in your window and signs of alarm system in your garden to warn potential intruders that your home is protected.
- Place electrical timers for lamps in the house to come on and off several times during the day and night. The light will appear that the house is occupied.
- Keep windows and curtains closed so that thieves cannot spy on your vacuum to see if you’re home or not home.
- Ask a neighbor you trust pick up your mail and your newspapers daily. Mail that accumulates in the mailbox or multiple newspapers on the front yard signs to be thieves who are away from home.
- Calls to a landscaping company or a neighbor to prune your lawn. A manicured lawn make you think you’re home.
- Avoid posting future vacations or time away from home on your answering machine or on social networking sites.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to park a car in your driveway to look like you’re at home or locked in your garage windows with blinds or curtains so that thieves cannot peek in the garage to see if your car is there.
- Ask a close friend or relative to visit your home if you plan to go for extended period.
Tips and Warnings
- Rather than ask a neighbor to collect your mail and newspapers, stop temporarily or cancel your subscription to the newspaper and ask the post office to keep your mail until you return home.
- If you do not have an alarm system, consider installing one that is connected to the local police station.
- Always remember to use safe bolt and close all doors and windows every time you leave