Tips for use and security in your email
Do you use your email securely? The use of email in companies is something that has changed the way we communicate. It’s cheap, fast, you can send it to several people, attach files … The cybercriminals detected a few years ago the increase in this use and they did not take long to create different types of infractions in the network to obtain benefits. For this reason, we must be careful with the use we make of electronic mail, since computer crimes have experienced an increasing trend in recent years throughout the world.
To avoid being exposed to these cyber-attacks, we share these tips to use your email safely:
If you do not know the origin of an email and several emails arrive daily, take it to the SPAM folder.
Disables automatic image loading.
- Beware of attachments! If you do not know the origin of the sender try not to open them and less when they have the extension .exe
- Clear the history, the cache of your browser periodically and avoid marking the option to save passwords.
- Do not open emails with offers, gifts or false promotions of the type: “You have had a trip to New York with all expenses paid.”
- The Phising technique is a very common practice among cybercriminals that affects more and more companies. This crime ware (cybercrime with fiscal purposes) consists in supplanting the identity to obtain an economic benefit. Avoid giving your personal information, banking or passwords through emails.
- Beware of public Wi-Fi networks (usually without a password). You are exposed to someone capturing information of all your personal data or watching your email.
- Use the hidden copy BCC or BCC when you send emails to several people, this way they will hide their emails to others.
- Use an email solution with encryption to control all your confidential information.
- Have updated your programs and your operating system. In the updates, security improvements are often included. With your updated software you will close possible entry points that are already known.